Newborn and Toddler Care in
Newport Beach and Irvine
Your newborn won’t arrive with an owner’s manual, so it’s likely you will have many questions and challenges, especially if you are a first-time parent. To make your life a little easier, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that you take your baby to a pediatrician at regular intervals throughout childhood for a healthy start in life – and to answer your questions.
Make sure that your newborn or toddler gets a good start in life by allowing us to identify and correct any potential problems early. Even if your child is in good health, you should follow the AAP guidelines for pediatric preventive health visits:
- First visit 1 to 3 days after newborn leaves the hospital
- Second visit 2 weeks later
- Visits after months 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 and 24
- Annual checkups from age 2 through 21
In addition to helping your child maintain optimal health, these frequent visits allow you, the parent, to receive education and information about ages and stages of your child’s growth and development. Our pediatrician will gladly answer all of your questions and give you the guidance you need. So think of us as your personal owner’s manual.
- 2015 Recommended Immunizations for children
- 2015 Vacunas recomendadas para niños, desde el nacimiento hasta los 6 años de edad
- Immunizations and Developmental Milestones
Give your children a brighter, healthier future at DR2KIDS. Call us at 714.241.1777 or take advantage of our convenient Request an Appointment form. Our newborn and toddler patients come to us from the Orange County cities of Santa Ana, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and surrounding Southern California areas.