Effective Acne Treatment in Orange County, CA
Acne is the most common skin problem in the United States. It mainly affects teenagers, but it is also becoming more common among women over age 30. Without treatment, acne can lead to permanent scars and dark spots on the skin.
The good news is that there are many effective treatments available, and acne treatment can do wonders for a teenager’s self-esteem. There are also several strategies teens can use to reduce or eliminate acne. These include:
- Wash twice a day and after sweating
- Use a gentle, nonabrasive cleanser with only your fingertips (avoid washcloths and mesh sponges that can irritate the skin)
- Be gentle with your skin (scrubbing can make acne worse)
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Shampoo regularly (daily if your hair is oily)
- Let your skin heal naturally (avoid picking, popping or squeezing)
- Avoid hands on your face (touching your skin can cause acne flare-ups)
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds
If you are unable to control or eliminate acne with the strategies listed above, see Dr. Tandon or one of her associates to learn about today’s most effective acne treatment options.
Help your teenager with acne by visiting DR2KIDS. Call us at 714.241.1777 or take advantage of our convenient Request an Appointment form. Our adolescent acne patients come to us from the Southern California cities of Santa Ana, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and surrounding Orange County areas.